You are hereBack to top
About the Role
The volunteer Membership Assistant will play a central role in the administration of the MML and will be at the heart of a friendly, dynamic team. The volunteer will be responsible for sending electronic and hard copy reminders to MML members due for renewal, sending new members membership cards and information packs, recording information on dues received and generating membership reports and packs as appropriate. They will have good IT skills, experience working with database systems and a high level of attention to detail. Responsible for the upkeep of membership records, they will have a good understanding of the sensitivity of processing personal data. The volunteer will report directly to both members of staff at MML – the Administrator and the Archivist & Library Manager and will be based at MML, 37a Clerkenwell Green, London, EC1R 0DU.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Ad to and update membership and affiliation records upon receipt of membership dues using the MML’s CiviCRM database
• Update records upon receipt of Excel sheet from the MML Treasurer with records of Standing orders
• Send bulk mailings to members due for renewal (x2 electronic mailings, final hard copy mailing)
• Generate ‘new member’ reports for monthly General Committee meetings of the MML trustees for approval
• Create and send out membership cards, rules and a selection of postcards to new members once approved.
• Good IT skills
• Experience using database systems
• An understanding of sensitivety of handling personal data
• Good attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Experience using Civi-CRM, or other content management software
• Prior experience working for a charity